Mesa Arts Center recognizes the extreme burden caregivers of loved ones living with dementia face every day. Caregiver Experiences are exclusive behind-the-scene engagements that provide exciting and unique educational opportunities at MAC. Each event will also conclude with tickets for future events to inspire more opportunities for respite and self-care.
Tuesday, October 25, 2022 | 9am-11am | Piper Theater
Lights & Sounds | Mesa Arts Center Theater Audio & Light Show
- Internationally recognized for the design and architecture, Mesa Arts Center is home to four state of the art theaters. The largest of which, the Ikeda Theater seats 1,500 people. Explore the lights, sounds, and magic that makes this theater truly one of a kind! Participants will receive a private demonstration of the MAC's audio and lighting capabilities and learn what it takes to make a theater performance a memorable experience. Participants will also be able to explore the stage and experiment with lights and sounds. Afterwards, coffee and pastries will be provided.
- 2 tickets per participant to a future performance at Mesa Arts Center
Tuesday, January 24, 2023 | 9am-10am | Arizona Museum of Natural History
Private Tour & Conversation of "Ologies" Exhibit with Curator, Dr. Emily Early
- Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy a private curator led tour of one of our most recent exhibits before the museum opens. The 'Ologies' exhibit provides visitors with detailed explanations on the differences and similarities between paleontology and archaeology- our two main research departments at AzMNH. This knowledge will help inform visitors as they explore the rest of the museum!
- 2 tickets to revisit AZMNH in the future will be given to each participant.
Monday, March 6, 2023 | 10am-12pm | Mesa Contemporary Art Museum
Conversation with the Curator featuring Chief Curator, Tiffany Fairall
- Enjoy an exclusive tour of several galleries at the award-winning Mesa Contemporary Art Museum with Chief Curator, Tiffany Fairall. This will feature artwork from the Spring Exhibitions that have yet to be announced! Seating will be provided in each gallery, and participants will enjoy coffee and pastries afterwards in the MCA classroom. Hear from the curator about the decisions involved with curating the spring exhibitions (February , stories of artists and specific works of art, and experience new perspectives and ideas about contemporary art.
Summer 2023 | Date to Be Announced!
Conversation with the Curator | Mesa Contemporary Art Museum
- This second event will feature an overview of some of the summer 2023 exhibitions that have not yet been announced! Updates will be made available online. Participants will again have an opportunity to speak one on one with chief curator, Tiffany Fairall, about the exhibition artwork and themes. Participants will get access to a private tour and also coffee and pastries afterwards.
To Register: Call Email: Engagement@mesaartscenter.com or call 480.644.3652
Caregivers may call the Alzheimer's Association for possible respite care opportunities for their loved one. 1-800-272-3900