Carrie Ann Baade‘s lush oil paintings link historical masterworks with contemporary experience. Her work mines images from antiquity to the modern era, and she uses these pieces as a foundation to construct surreal landscapes inhabited by otherworldly figures and electric flora and fauna. The artist establishes a dialog with the past, injecting a contemporary voice and reinterpreting the historical fragments using her original feminist and autobiographical perspective.
Carrie Ann Baade is a 2018 proposal winner.
- Musical Entertainment by The Dusty Ramblers Project
- Artists in Attendance
- Light Refreshments and Cash Bar
Artist Talk with Carrie Ann Baade
Symbol, Myth and Metaphor
Thurs, Feb 7 (6-7:30pm)
- At Mesa Community College Art Gallery
- For more information and directions, Click Here
- RSVP (FREE event): Click Here